1. Contest open to TI employees and full time, on-site TI contractors .
2. For 40+ category age is determined by your birth year (if you were born in 1976 or earlier you qualify as 40+)
3. If there are more competitors in a category than lanes on the track, there will be multiple heats run. If any contestant has a time of 1.0 second faster than the other heat winner(s) they are the champion. Otherwise a final head to head heat will occur with all those within 1.0 second of the fastest time.
4. There will be no starter blocks. Track spikes are allowed.
5. Runners will be hand timed with at least two watches on the heat leaders (average of the two times used)
Challenge Relay Races
If anyone wants to put together a challenge relay, we’ll run a 4x200 relay race to determine the winner. You pick the challenge and find a competitor (analog vs. digital; workgroup vs. workgroup; college alumni vs. college alumni; building vs building; . . . . ) The rules for the relay are similar to the general rules with the addition of the baton handoff that must occur in the 20-meter handoff zone. Relay challenge teams also need to have at least one female OR one 40+ runner. Batons will be provided. Add your team on the Challenge tab on this Google Sheet.